Okeford Fitzpaine is a thriving community led Parish, which seeks to grow progressively through planned sustainable development while offering residents and visitors alike a rural environment of outstanding beauty and remain an iconic conservation area of heritage buildings of the quintessential Dorset village, protected and safeguarded for future generations.
- To progressively grow the village through sustainable housing development that meets the needs of all age and social groups, and promotes balance in the Parish demography.
- To ensure that new housing developments replace and regenerate existing ‘brownfield’ sites in the first instance, and complement the existing heritage building styles and rural context.
- To evolve the Parish infrastructure to support the progressive growth in the community.
- To protect and where possible enhance the built heritage and its surroundings for the benefit of current and future generations.
- To recognise that our rural environment and greenspaces are highly valued by all the community and to enhance them and protect them from inappropriate development.
- To invest in infrastructure that provides opportunities for more sustainable means of getting about in, around and beyond the Parish, and promotes better health and well-being of all.
- To strive to support the local economy through its existing businesses and encourage new enterprises and facilities, which enhance employment opportunities.