In the event of a suspected heart attack/ chest pains, the following procedure should be used:
- Call 999
- When asked by the operator, please give the telephone number from where you are calling and the location of this cabinet, which is:
- The cabinet is open and operator will remain on the line with you and give every help and reassurance needed.
- Return to the patient, switch on the easy to use defibrillator and follow the clear audio instructions.
- The defibrillator will only deliver a shock to the patient if it detects it is necessary.
- There are scissors/shaving razor to assist with the removal of clothing / excessive hair.
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) victims survival depends on Quick response. Please assist. A life may depend upon it.
REMEMBER: THINK safety. Look around before pushing the button to shock and shout: STAND CLEAR SHOCKING and then ensure everyone is clear.